We can help you meet ISO 14001 requirements
The ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems (EMS) Standard helps organisations identify, manage and control the activities that have an environmental impact.
The ISO standard suits companies of all sizes and the critical elements are:
- Defining environmental aspects
- Analysing relevant environmental impacts
- Removing the impacts
- Improved environment performance
The intention of ISO 14001 standard is to provide a framework for a holistic, systematic and strategic approach to the organisation’s environmental policy, plans and actions. An effective Environmental Management System (EMS) provides an organisation’s top management with processes which allow them to manage environmental issues effectively and that can achieve cost savings in energy consumption, raw material usage and waste disposal.
ISO 14001 can provide:
- Strengthened stakeholder confidence – ISO 14001 reduces risk of liability, keeps ahead of legislation and regulatory developments and reduces the environmental burden through elimination, reduction and options
- Greater competitive advantage – your organisation would achieve improved cost control, improved organisational effectiveness and image of the organisation
- More secure long-term viability – environmental management standard facilitates effective management, demonstrates environmental focus and introduces change in a controlled manner
- Employee involvement and motivation – ISO 14001 demonstrates innovation and forward thinking approach to customers and prospective employees. It clearly defines employees’ functions and establishes environmental awareness and clear methodologies
How Utilitywise can help
Utilitywise has a dedicated team of experts to assist you in ensuring your business meets the ISO 14001 requirements. We offer two service options:
1. Full Implementation Service – we fully manage the process from start to completion.
2. Mentor Service – we provide an advisory role on the project.
The above options would both cover to varying levels:
- Gap Analysis and Integration of EMS manuals: Review all EMS manuals and electronic documentation to ensure compliance with the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Standard. Check all registers and procedures that have already been developed for completeness and relevance.
- Discuss and Implement changes and Integrate Documentation: Dependent on Gap Analysis outcome. Ensure Environmental Management System manuals are integrated into one master document including policy, templates, registers and procedures.
- On-going Assistance and Support: Provide on-going assistance and review EMS Implementation Phase, supporting documentation, to include procedures, training, a system for document control and emergency preparedness.
- Review and Discuss Checking Stage: Check monitoring and measurement of key characteristics of operations and activities identified as having a significant impact on the environment. Review internal audit procedure, ensure procedures describing the audit process meet the ISO 14001 requirements, review auditing schedule and ensure the frequency of audits is aligned with environmental significance.
- Management Review Meetings: Attend a meeting and ensure that actions from the meeting are carried out in the appropriate time frames.
- Pre-Audit Guidance: Aid in preparation for Phase 1 of the audit certification and implement changes required following the audit.
- Audit Certification Guidance: Liaise where required with accredited certification bodies and be present on site during the initial review and final audits from external certification body.
Why choose Utilitywise
Utilitywise has a dedicated team who are able to offer you an all-encompassing service at the highest level.
- Provide you with essential guidance and support to make life simpler for you
- Interpret the legislation for you to avoid confusion
- Provide you with peace of mind and reassurance that your compliance is in safe hands
- Inform you on any legislative changes that may affect your organisation
- Assist you in reducing waste and increasing efficiency
- Help you to achieve a competitive advantage over other businesses through effective implementation and hitting set targets
ISO 50001 Energy Management System – In addition to the ISO 14001, is the ISO 50001 Energy Management System which is a voluntary standard that can be applied to all types of non-domestic public and private sector energy users – including SMEs. Utilitywise can assist you in meeting the ISO 50001 requirements to become compliant. The association of the ISO 50001 certification is a real statement of your business sustainability credentials, in addition to meeting the ESOS requirement commitments you may have.