Case Study: Macnaughton Holdings Ltd, Perth

Case Study: Macnaughton Holdings Ltd, Perth

In December 2013 Utilitywise partnered with the UKFT to offer a unique energy cost reduction service to its members.

Macnaughton Holdings Ltd, Perth

Services Adopted

  • Energy Consultancy


In December 2013 Utilitywise partnered with the UKFT to offer a unique energy cost reduction service to its members. The partnership was formed following a survey by UKFT that revealed 92% of members were most concerned about rising energy costs within their businesses, whilst the remaining 8% marked energy costs as their second highest priority.

Our service has helped thousands of businesses operating in every business sector. The UKFT opted to trial the Utilitywise service prior to offering the service to its members.

Utilitywise were able to broker a deal to save 22% on the original renewal quote received by UKFT’s current suppliers. Adam Mansell, UKFT said, “The whole process was incredibly simple.”

Utilitywise are currently working with a number of UKFT members to provide new pricing options for their energy contracts. We also offer an energy reduction and monitoring service. We are pleased to announce we have now signed our first customer with Macnaughton Holdings Ltd, based in Perth.

Macnaughton Holdings Ltd is a family business with over 200 years of experience as a niche manufacturer and wholesaler in the textile market.

Operating over three sites, the business uses the finest of fibres. Macnaughton designs and weaves distinctive upholstery, soft furnishing and traditional kilting fabrics. From sheer wool-silk fabrics for window coverings to the heaviest of furnishing fabrics, ranges of classic and modern furniture, throws, kilts, tartan tableware, scout and guide neckerchiefs and luxury silk scarves.

Utilitywise spoke directly to Blair McNaughton, Managing Director at Macnaughton to decipher their current energy consumption and usage. Our Account Manager was able to quickly review the current tariff and energy contracts for both gas and electricity and offer the Macnaughton group alternative pricing options for their business.

After reviewing the quotes, Macnaughton opted to lock in to a deal for their gas prices over the next two years and a new two year electricity contract followed shortly after.

Energy issues were a hot topic throughout 2013 with the energy suppliers yet again announcing price hikes at the end of the year. We predict that energy issues will remain in the news for 2014.

Year on year businesses face price hikes for the energy use, according to the National Audit Office, we could all be facing energy price rises for the next 17 years as energy suppliers look to cover the cost of infrastructure improvement and investment.

Utilitywise can provide energy quotes up to twelve months in advance of your contract renewal date, so there may still be time to secure an energy contract at today’s prices and protect your business against future fluctuations in the energy market. We can secure energy contracts from one year up to five years, providing your organisation with budget certainty for the foreseeable future.

Blair McNaughton said:

“We were very impressed with the proposal offered by Utilitywise. Our business operates over three sites and we were looking to review both our electricity and gas contracts. Utilitywise offer an efficient and trouble free process. We received an excellent result and were happy to lock into our new contracts for the next two years. I would recommend their services to similar businesses within the industry, as a hassle free way of securing your energy requirements.”