GB Energy Supply ceased trading on 26 November 2016, citing swift and significant increases in energy prices
This is bad news if your business was supplied by GB Energy Supply, as you are now without an energy contract. Don’t panic – your energy supply is not suddenly going to be turned off.
But if you do nothing, you’ll almost certainly end up paying more.
What happens next
- Ofgem will make sure your business is still supplied with energy. They’ll appoint another supplier and tariff to take over the contract you had with GB Energy Supply.
- The emergency contract you receive will be designed for customers that are out-of-contract, so you’ll be paying expensive rates.
- If you do nothing to change this, you’ll stay on this tariff and pay more than you should for your energy.
Three steps to a better tariff
It only takes three steps to get a better energy tariff.
- Take a meter reading now and keep it safe. This will help your new supplier to create an accurate contract for you, so you’re only paying exactly what you owe.
- Call us. Once Ofgem has switched your energy supplier, give us a call. We’ll show a wide range of energy suppliers and tariff options to help you find a better deal.
- Let us handle the switching process. We help businesses switch energy suppliers every day, so you know you’re in safe hands. We’ll also track your contract end date ready to renegotiate when it comes to an end – making sure you’re kept on your chosen tariff.
Take back control of your energy costs
When you secure a new energy deal with Utilitywise, you get more than just an energy contract. You also get access to a wide range of services to help you reduce your energy consumption:
- First class account management: your account manager will be based in the UK. They’re on-hand to answer all of your questions and help you make the most of all Utilitywise services.
- Mobile energy monitoring with SmartDash: a mobile energy monitoring app that helps you keep an eye on your energy consumption and keep your costs under control.
- AMR meter installation: with an AMR meter, you won’t need to send your energy supplier a meter reading every month – your AMR meter will take your meter readings and send them to your supplier.
- Energy Health Check: a simple Energy Health Check can help you find out what kind of efficiency savings you can make in just a few minutes, with help from your account manager.
Complete the form below and take back control of your energy costs today.