Operational Delivery Manager
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Reporting in to our Operations Director, the Operational Delivery Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a team of agents. Working in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment, your primary responsibility will be to influence revenue streams through the continual management and development of your team. You’ll be accountable for achieving your operational targets, providing customer service excellence, developing and executing campaigns and the profitability of your area.
- Drive operational performance to deliver against key KPI’s and to be operationally ready for new initiatives in line with business strategy / growth;
- Act as role model with regard to Strategic Priorities, Vision and Values in order to drive first class management practices;
- Provide strong and proactive team leadership and direction, ensuring clear communication of goals, expectations and performance requirements;
- Be the driving force of change, leading continuous people & business improvement;
- Continuous review of operational achievements against the business plan, responding to internal and external influences, identifying variances and implementing corrective actions;
- Lead and be a key driver in developing, and implementing go to market and campaign plans;
- Promoting our guiding principles within your team and help to position the UTW brand as the best in its industry and ensuring the best possible customer experience at all times;
- Daily management responsibility for an operation of agents, including:
- Continual performance management
- Accurate weekly and monthly forecasting
- Analysis of MI reports
- Driving revenue
- Maintaining sales quality and compliance
- Employee engagement, motivation & attrition levels
- Monitoring coaching and development of consultants provided by the performance coaching team – ensuring this is quality coaching
- Ad-hoc project management to drive revenue;
- Preparation and measurement of key KPIs – hold yourself accountable for overall success;
- Provide strong and proactive team leadership and direction;
- Ensure clear communication of goals, expectations and performance requirements;
- Building relationships with suppliers and key internal stakeholders such as CMO and PMO;
- Drive, monitor and measure quality and compliance levels;
- Monitor and maintain attrition levels supporting recruitment to maintain headcount in line with budget;
- Responsibility for:
- Operations Revenue and other key KPIs
- Revenue per consultant
- Quotable to quoted
- Workforce management
- Experience of an operational management and leadership role;
- Substantial previous management experience in a busy sales and customer focused environment;
- Experience of KPI driven management.
- Candidates with a minimum of 3 years senior management experience are preferred;
- Experience of leading, inspiring and motivating teams to achieve objectives, KPIs and in attaining agreed levels of professional and behavioural standards.
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes, and Skills
- Change-leadership experience;
- The drive to deliver excellence in customer service and set standards to aspire to, driving continuous improvement and the best possible customer journey;
- Organised, methodical and a good time-manager;
- Commercially aware, with sound decision-making and organisational skills;
- Results-orientated with the ability to see problems as opportunities;
- Able to motivate and inspire team to deliver beyond the day-to-day routines, stay the course and go the extra mile;
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to lead and inspire others to maximize their potential;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Flexible attitude and approach;
- Professional conduct displayed at all times, calm under pressure;
- Reliable and trustworthy;
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Target and results driven with excellent attention to detail.
- Proof of eligibility to work within the UK;
- References to cover last 5 years’ employment.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As one of the UK’s leading business utilities consultancies, Utilitywise advises c.40,000 customers, helping them get the most value from their utilities through better procurement and efficiency services.
Having grown from a start-up business in 2006 to managing an effective IPO in 2012, Utilitywise understands the needs and concerns of all businesses, regardless of their size or sector. The plc works with clients ranging from James Whyte Joiner to the University of Bradford.
Utilitywise aims to debunk the myths that exist around utilities and support businesses across the UK to spend less time worrying about utilities so they can spend more time running their companies. In 2016 Utilitywise was named an OEM partner by Dell as part of a joint strategy to introduce Internet of Things (IoT) Building Automation solutions to customers.
Utilitywise is a UK company quoted on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. In 2017, Utilitywise was named as one of the top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange in its annual celebration of some of the fastest-growing and most dynamic small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the UK.