In-Life Operations Manager (Campaign)
Location: UK – Newcastle upon Tyne
Reporting to our Head of In-Life, the In-Life Operations Manager (Campaign) will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a team of up to 5 Team Managers and up to circa 70 Consultants.
Working in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment, your primary responsibility will be to influence revenue streams through the continual management and development of your team. Your working day will be fast-paced and intense from start to finish.
- Accountable for the campaign sales function through both customer numbers and revenue delivery. Overall responsibility for the Campaign Strategy, including upsell and cross selling.
- Strategically drive of objectives of the In-Life department, which is maintaining and growing customer value.
- Management of the cross-sell additional energy services, as well as multi utilities, the introduction of key processes, and go to market operational plans
- Analysis of customer data and campaign data to provide reports, and plans to predict and manage all opportunities with strategic plans for all initiatives.
- Management of supplier placement alongside Utilitywise core financial targets and objectives.
- Maintaining and improving Go-live rate through strengthening relationship with suppliers and internal teams and processes i.e. welcome and customer care, technical services.
- Manage and predict consumption in line with expected leakage rate, accountable for achieving expected assumptions, and improving against forecast.
- Achieving quarterly targets and KPI’s, including revenue and portfolio growth and portfolio penetration.
- Expert in cross sell opportunities and products available based on customer demand and profile
- Playing active role the transformation and creation of the In-Life function as part of the In-Life leadership function/team driving transformation of the business
- Key stakeholder in campaigns, work closely with commercial and marketing team to ensure go to market plans are fit for opportunity and executed efficiently and successfully
- Build and maintain strong relationship with finance department to understand the value of a renewals book and opportunity building quarterly campaigns to execute in line with business expectations
- Strategic partners and Alliances (SP&A) stakeholder, maintain strong relationship to ensure that supplier are achieving our commitments and offered Utilitywise the best opportunities to provide long term pricing to customers.
- KPI’s will include: Number of additional meters, product holding, service attachment customers retained, number of meters retained, value of retention, customer satisfaction – customers for life, growth of customer portfolio and contracts
- Skills gap analysis, training needs assessments and recruitment plans
- Daily management responsibility for up to 5 Team Managers (TM), including:
- Continual performance management
- Accurate weekly and monthly forecasting
- Analysis of MI reports
- Driving revenue
- Maintaining sales quality and compliance
- Employee engagement, motivation & attrition levels
- Ensure Coaching requirement satisfied
- Development of TM leadership skills
- Monitoring coaching and development of In-Life Consultants provided by Team Managers – ensuring this is quality coaching.
- Preparation and measurement of key KPI’s – hold yourself accountable for overall success.
- Provide strong and proactive team leadership and direction.
- Ensure clear communication of goals, expectations and performance requirements.
Qualifications & Training
- Management and Leadership qualification.
- Substantial previous senior leadership experience in a busy sales and customer focused environment;
- Experience of KPI driven management;
- Experience of financial and management information reporting and analysis.
- Candidates with a minimum of 3 years senior management experience in a regulated background are preferred.
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes, and Skills
- The drive to deliver excellence in customer service and set standards to aspire to, driving continuous improvement and the best possible customer journey;
- Negotiation skills;
- Organised, methodical and a good time manager;
- Commercially aware, with sound decision making and organisational skills;
- Results orientated with the ability to see problems as opportunities;
- Able to motivate and inspire team to deliver beyond the day-to-day routines, stay the course and go the extra mile;
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to lead and inspire others to maximize their potential;
- Strong proactive team leadership;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Flexible attitude and approach;
- Professional conduct displayed at all times, calm under pressure;
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Proof of eligibility to work within the UK;
- References to cover last 5 years’ employment.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As one of the UK’s leading business utilities consultancies, Utilitywise advises c.40,000 customers, helping them get the most value from their utilities through better procurement and efficiency services.
Having grown from a start-up business in 2006 to managing an effective IPO in 2012, Utilitywise understands the needs and concerns of all businesses, regardless of their size or sector. The plc works with clients ranging from James Whyte Joiner to the University of Bradford.
Utilitywise aims to debunk the myths that exist around utilities and support businesses across the UK to spend less time worrying about utilities so they can spend more time running their companies. In 2016 Utilitywise was named an OEM partner by Dell as part of a joint strategy to introduce Internet of Things (IoT) Building Automation solutions to customers.
Utilitywise is a UK company quoted on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. In 2017, Utilitywise was named as one of the top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange in its annual celebration of some of the fastest-growing and most dynamic small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the UK.