Fixed Account Manager
The Fixed Account Manager will provide high-quality analysis of contract renewal options and within day query resolution for an allocated portfolio of Procurement Accounts.
The Fixed Account Manager will work collaboratively with the associated Account Director for the allocated accounts; tendering and negotiating client energy supply contracts, liaising directly with the client on the day of completing their renewals, identifying appropriate products and services and providing the latest market information.
- Provide market advice, indicative reports and price trackers to clients in conjunction with contract renewals;
- Advise clients on all aspects of energy contracts, and consumption whilst maintaining high standards of quality;
- Take ownership of discussions with the client on our recommended contract options to answer any questions the client may have;
- Tender & negotiate client supply contracts;
- Provide resolution to straightforward queries
- To manage the tendering for any contracts required by clients that do not fit into standard fixed/flex, gas or electricity tendering – this may include support of other teams within the business who complete the procurement of alternative fuels (e.g. oil, LPG) or assisting clients with overseas contracts where possible;
- Check renewal analysis reports put together by colleagues before they are sent to clients;
- To maintain a good working knowledge of the most recent Gas/Electricity/Oil/Coal and Carbon market movements creating a commercial relationship that clients consider a partnership;
- To manage the OJEU processing for tendering as required by clients;
- To maintain, develop and strengthen professional relationships with suppliers. Understand supplier constraints, timescales and processes to improve service and manage client expectations;
- Attend client meetings where appropriate;
- Maintain records, databases and files and adhere to ISO 9001 quality processes and procedures;
- Identify any inefficiencies within the current processes and systems and suggest ideas for improvements;
- To record and report supplier feedback to the line manager to assist supplier analysis and improve supplier review process;
- To identify opportunities for additional Utilitywise Group products and services to their existing client base and report to the Account Director;
- Maintain, build and strengthen professional relationships with colleagues, suppliers and clients;
- Provide relevant and timely Management Information to your manager as requested;
- Communicate any relevant news or information to colleagues;
- Ensure that your Team Manager is kept up to date at all times, referring issues and potential risks to client relationships.
- Minimum GCSE grade C or equivalent in Maths and English.
- Experience in building strong working relationships with contacts at all levels, including senior executives.
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes, and Skills
- A good commercial awareness;
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing;
- Professional and enthusiastic approach, well presented and business like;
- A team player demonstrating good working relationships with their colleagues and peer group;
- A creative approach to problem solving and a good eye for detail;
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workloads;
- Strong negotiating and persuading skills;
- Confidence in using IT systems, in particular Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Full clean driving licence.
- Proof of eligibility to work within the UK;
- References to cover last 5 years’ employment;
- International travel required.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As one of the UK’s leading business utilities consultancies, Utilitywise advises c.40,000 customers, helping them get the most value from their utilities through better procurement and efficiency services.
Having grown from a start-up business in 2006 to managing an effective IPO in 2012, Utilitywise understands the needs and concerns of all businesses, regardless of their size or sector. The plc works with clients ranging from James Whyte Joiner to the University of Bradford.
Utilitywise aims to debunk the myths that exist around utilities and support businesses across the UK to spend less time worrying about utilities so they can spend more time running their companies. In 2016 Utilitywise was named an OEM partner by Dell as part of a joint strategy to introduce Internet of Things (IoT) Building Automation solutions to customers.
Utilitywise is a UK company quoted on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. In 2017, Utilitywise was named as one of the top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange in its annual celebration of some of the fastest-growing and most dynamic small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the UK.