Working in the Field Sales Channel within the Enterprise Division, you will be responsible for building your own prospective pipeline of customers, face-to-face.
As a Field Based Energy Consultant, your day will consist of cold calling potential clients to build relationships with businesses within your location. You will discuss their energy and water management and how Utilitywise can assist and help them using our products and services. The role is location based, within a radius of your home postcode. Developing a wide understanding of the Utilitywise range of services In order to develop a consultancy style sale and become a trusted advisor for your client base.
- Approaching business on a cold call basis and diarised appointments within your designated area
- Gaining an understanding of the area you will work in in order to generate your own pipeline through research of the key contacts in that area and marketing to and approaching them directly
- Procure energy contracts for the businesses you are approaching in order to understand your clients’ potential requirements
- Develop trusted relationships with your customer base
- Use the Utilitywise marketing library/database to present utility solutions to customers, understanding the range of solutions on a consultancy sell basis
- Monitor your customer base using the company CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system
- Achieve target conversion rates and as a result monthly revenues
- Accurately complete all customer admin and sales documentation
- Ensure all sales information is kept up to date for effective reporting
- To adhere to the company’s compliance regulations. All sales are generated in line with our quality standards
- Represent the company professionally at all times
- Attend sales training, coaching and team meetings when necessary
- Work closely with the marketing team and the closing team to ensure best in industry service levels and up to date industry data for your customer base
- When required coach and mentor new starters into the business
- A minimum of 6- 12 months experience in field sales
- Experience in dealing with objections
- Experience in working in a Target and results driven environment
- Experience in B2B Sales
- Knowledge of the energy industry is an advantage (extensive energy training offered)
- Experience in high-value consultative selling would also be an advantage but is not essential.
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes, and Skills
- Effectively communicate in a professional manner
- Have a consultative approach upon customer contact
- Ability to work as part of a team supporting team members and the management team at all times
- Self-motivated with the ambition to earn and achieve targets
- Can demonstrate creativity
- A drive for success, passion, and ambition is essential
- Looking for a long lasting career and the chance to develop and progress
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.