Business to Business sales.
Up to £18,000 basic salary, plus bonus.
We are looking for Energy Consultants to join our European Operation, within our international division. Your normal working hours will be between 8am and 4pm, Monday to Friday. However, you should be prepared to work longer in peak periods of work – flexibility will certainly be an advantage.
As an Energy Consultant, your day will consist of cold calling potential clients to build relationships with businesses across Europe. You will discuss their energy management and how Utilitywise can assist and help them using our products and services. This is an outbound telephone based role so you will need to be comfortable selling and interacting with clients over the telephone. An Energy Consultant will need to be self-motivated, have good time management and have a professional phone manner. You will need to take full control of the sales cycle, including the close.
Your working day will be fast-paced and intense from start to finish.
Responsibilities and Skills Required
- Approaching business on a ‘Cold Call’ basis within your designated area.
- Gaining an understanding of the area you will work in in order to generate your own pipeline through research of the key contacts in that area and marketing to and approaching them directly.
- Procure energy contracts for the businesses you are approaching in order to understand your clients’ potential requirements
- Develop trusted relationships with your customer base
- Use the Utilitywise marketing library / database to present utility solutions to customers, understanding the range of solutions on a consultancy sell basis
- Monitor your customer base using the company CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system
- Achieve target conversion rates and as a result monthly revenues
- Accurately complete all customer admin and sales documentation
- Ensure all sales information is kept up to date for effective reporting
- To adhere to the company’s compliance regulations. All sales are generated in line with our quality standards
- Professionally represent the company at all times
- Attend sales training, coaching and team meetings when necessary
- Work closely with the marketing team and the closing team to ensure best in industry service levels and up to date industry data for your customer base
- When required coach and mentor new starters into the business.
- Fluent in French, both written and spoken. Candidates with German, Dutch or Flemish language skills should also apply.
- Minimum of 6 months field sales experience – we would welcome candidates from all sales backgrounds.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and professionally to all customers.
- The ability to work as part of a team supporting colleagues where necessary.
- The ability to be self-motivated and focused on continually achieving and exceeding targets.
- Can demonstrate creativity and the ability to think outside of the box.
- Target and results driven.
- Knowledge of the energy sector is useful but not essential because we offer a comprehensive training programme.
- A full driving license, with the rights to drive within the UK. Provided prior to the selection process.
Why work for Utilitywise?
- Are you looking to make a difference? We are on a mission to transform the utility services market.
- Utilitywise is a fast-growing, innovative business, reshaping the way businesses buy and manage their electricity, gas, and water.
- Over 30,000 satisfied customers across the UK and Europe.
- Growing at a rate of more than 500 new customers per month.
- Building a fantastic reputation for outstanding service.
- Fantastic progression opportunities due to our growing departments.
- Excellent basic salary, plus bonus schemes!
- Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm, meaning a great work/life balance.
- Excellent holiday allowance, which increases based on length of service.
- Wide range of benefits for all of our employees – these can all be found on our company website!
Utilitywise plc is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
To apply for a position please send a covering email and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact a member of the Recruitment team by calling 0191 425 4666.