Location: Bury St Edmunds
The Data Analyst will be responsible for requesting, collating and formatting client portfolios and associated energy usage data on daily, weekly and monthly intervals from various sources. Upload of energy usage data into the relevant systems, ensuring and data gaps are resolved as quickly as possible.
The requesting of data and information will involve contacting suppliers, clients and internal contacts both via email and over the phone as well as retrieving data from internal management systems.
- Ensure all Energy Usage data is available to support all Operational teams;
- Regular communication for retrieval and collation of data from multiple sources – including suppliers and clients;
- Query management and resolution from Clients and Suppliers;
- Be well organised and help maintain project delivery schedules;
- Communicate relevant information to all team members;
- Supporting Operational team members in delivering project work;
- Contribute to team discussions;
- Support proposal drafting and job pricing, through providing data/information;
- Achievement of objectives and KPIs as agreed with line management;
- Proactively develop your own career; seeking guidance when and where appropriate.
- Minimum GCSE grade C or equivalent in Maths and English;
- Microsoft Office Tools, especially Excel.
- Degree Qualified;
- Data Analysis/Monitoring Qualifications.
- Experience working within a role that requires a strong element of monitoring, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Experience of data inputting in Microsoft Excel and database systems;
- Experience developing spreadsheets, using more than basic arithmetic;
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads whilst maintaining a routine schedule of checks;
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing;
- The ability to manage time and work independently.
- Calculations using emissions factors;
- Client (industrial, commercial or retail) and supplier liaison;
- Validation of data;
- Estimation techniques.
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes, and Skills
- Pragmatic, self-starter who is able to use their initiative;
- An effective and confident communicator with excellent verbal and writing skills;
- A proactive learner, able to pick up new skills and concepts;
- Confident in articulating their own perspective and sharing opinion;
- Organised, professional, enthusiastic and business like;
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workloads;
- Calm under pressure and knows when to ask for help;
- A positive team player willing to get involved;
- Takes pride in delivering quality work;
- Willing to develop;
- A confident Excel user is essential.
- Proof of eligibility to work within the UK;
- References to cover last 5 years’ employment.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering email to email@example.com.
As one of the UK’s leading business utilities consultancies, Utilitywise advises c.40,000 customers, helping them get the most value from their utilities through better procurement and efficiency services.
Having grown from a start-up business in 2006 to managing an effective IPO in 2012, Utilitywise understands the needs and concerns of all businesses, regardless of their size or sector. The plc works with clients ranging from James Whyte Joiner to the University of Bradford.
Utilitywise aims to debunk the myths that exist around utilities and support businesses across the UK to spend less time worrying about utilities so they can spend more time running their companies. In 2016 Utilitywise was named an OEM partner by Dell as part of a joint strategy to introduce Internet of Things (IoT) Building Automation solutions to customers.
Utilitywise is a UK company quoted on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. In 2017, Utilitywise was named as one of the top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange in its annual celebration of some of the fastest-growing and most dynamic small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the UK.