Location: UK home-based
The Intelligent Buildings department sits within the Corporate Division and is responsible for developing the company’s intelligent buildings offering to its clients, looking for ways in which ‘smart building’ technology can achieve maximum efficiency for clients for their utility consumption.
This role is directly responsible for technical implementation and commissioning of all projects and services offered by the Intelligent Buildings department.
- To work with the project engineers and co-ordinator to assure that all work tasks are managed correctly for the succecful completion of projects.
- Communicate and liaison on a day to day basis with our client on all commissioning activities, testing, witnessing and handover.
- Ensure a safe and healthy working environment for themselves and others, at office or site locations. Operating to site requirements, Project Method statements and risk assessments, SE Health & Safety system.
- Pre-commission control systems, field devices and main plant items (motors, inverters etc).
- Commission controllers, networks and field devices into a complete system.
- Write and commission controller software through to the Graphical user interface.
- Configure and commission graphics.
- Document commissioning progress, site reports and assist with O & M manuals.
- Handover and demonstrate the completed system to customer/ consultant.
- Aid supervision of the installation and liaison with contractors.
- Ensure applicable local and industry codes and standards are implemented in our daily activities.
- Electrical Engineering HNC or similar
- Tridium Certified
- 2+ years’ experience in a commissioning role at a similar level, preferably gained in the same or an aligned technology based business, for example controls, Building Management Services (BMS) or Lighting.
- Demonstrable experience of engineering knowledge in this sector and completion of similar scope projects.
- Good knowledge of open protocol networks i.e. Modbus, bacNET, LON works, KNX etc.
- Certification of installing at least one PLC based control systems (Tridium, Trend, Cylon, Siemens, Philip’s, Schneider etc)
- Experience in the utility management sector is desirable.
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes, and Skills
- A passion for understanding client needs and delivering a solution based service.
- A problem solver, being able to efficiently rectify issues and find solutions for developing events.
- A natural innovator and organiser, ensuring the Utilitywise vision and values are communicated and adhered to.
- Drive, ambition and commitment to strengthen the organisations overall capability.
- The ability to positively motivate and engage with colleagues and clients at all levels to achieve tangible outcomes.
- Pride, passion and energy.
- The ability to build and manage complex relationships.
- Good communication skills.
- Proof of eligibility to work within the UK;
- References to cover last 5 years’ employment.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering email to email@example.com.
As one of the UK’s leading business utilities consultancies, Utilitywise advises c.40,000 customers, helping them get the most value from their utilities through better procurement and efficiency services.
Having grown from a start-up business in 2006 to managing an effective IPO in 2012, Utilitywise understands the needs and concerns of all businesses, regardless of their size or sector. The plc works with clients ranging from James Whyte Joiner to the University of Bradford.
Utilitywise aims to debunk the myths that exist around utilities and support businesses across the UK to spend less time worrying about utilities so they can spend more time running their companies. In 2016 Utilitywise was named an OEM partner by Dell as part of a joint strategy to introduce Internet of Things (IoT) Building Automation solutions to customers.
Utilitywise is a UK company quoted on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. In 2017, Utilitywise was named as one of the top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange in its annual celebration of some of the fastest-growing and most dynamic small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the UK.