Commercial Transaction Manager
Location: UK – Newcastle upon Tyne
We are looking for a Commercial Transaction Manager to join our team.
The role is required to manage and successfully oversee all of our back office sales processes, from testing sales compliance, quality and value, dealing closely with utility suppliers, resolving objections and queries, billing and reconciling monthly sales and calculating and processing monthly sales commissions.
Your working hours will be Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm, however, you will be required to work additional hours during busy periods therefore flexibility will be an advantage.
- Management of the three key areas of the Commercial Transaction Team which incorporate Sales Support, Objections and Invoicing and Commissions;
- Building strong relationships with key contacts at utility suppliers and look to improve working practices;
- The continuous improvement of the productivity within the team by process changes, working practices or IT development;
- Involvement in the introduction of any new products and services and implementing the processes required;
- Having a continuous focus on ways to reduce leakage across the business;
- To be a key point of contact and trusted advisor to senior management, sales operations, and SP&A function for query resolution and reporting;
- Work with the Divisional Finance team to aid and report on cash collection management;
- Oversee the processes for monthly billing, reconciliation and commission payments;
- Produce business analysis from core systems for senior management decision making;
• Carrying out 1-2-1’s, RTW, APR’s and all HR requirements for direct reports;
- Communicating business updates with the full team;
- Ad-Hoc requests from Management, which may be at short notice.
Qualifications & Training
- A*-C GCSE in Math’s and English;
- Excel/IT/Analysis skills.
- Finance qualification (e.g. AAT Qualification Level 4 or above)
- Demonstrable managerial experience of large teams (current overall team size circa 60 employees);
- Experience liaising with and influencing senior management and other departments to resolve queries;
- Experience of building relationships with and handling key external contacts;
- Strong business back office process experience and understanding of a customer journey;
- Excellent Excel and system skills.
- Understanding of the current processes within the Commercial Transaction Team.
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes, and Skills
- Organised and methodical, as you will be required to multi-task a number of duties effectively;
- Excellent numeracy, written and communication literacy skills are essential;
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to inspire respect from the team and across the business;
- Approachable with an ability to build rapport and be a good role model;
- Flexible with working hours;
- Adapt to changes quickly and efficiently;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and delegate workload effectively;
- Aptitude to deal with difficult situations/scenarios and find solutions in an agile manner;
- Ability to carry out ad-hoc requests from Management drawing on business knowledge;
- Trustworthy and honest, you will respect confidential information.
- Proof of eligibility to work within the UK;
- References to cover last 5 years’ employment.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering email to email@example.com.
As one of the UK’s leading business utilities consultancies, Utilitywise advises c.40,000 customers, helping them get the most value from their utilities through better procurement and efficiency services.
Having grown from a start-up business in 2006 to managing an effective IPO in 2012, Utilitywise understands the needs and concerns of all businesses, regardless of their size or sector. The plc works with clients ranging from James Whyte Joiner to the University of Bradford.
Utilitywise aims to debunk the myths that exist around utilities and support businesses across the UK to spend less time worrying about utilities so they can spend more time running their companies. In 2016 Utilitywise was named an OEM partner by Dell as part of a joint strategy to introduce Internet of Things (IoT) Building Automation solutions to customers.
Utilitywise is a UK company quoted on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. In 2017, Utilitywise was named as one of the top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange in its annual celebration of some of the fastest-growing and most dynamic small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the UK.