The CRC scheme will continue, for now
It was announced in the 2016 Budget, that the CRC scheme will run until the end of the 2018-19 compliance year, when phase 2 concludes. This followed many years of lobbying from various organisations and bodies. The rules are complex and the reporting burden is significant, especially for companies in multiple schemes. As one of the first of many carbon compliance schemes, it was new to many organisations. Many of these businesses failed to meet the requirements, which led to fines and civil penalties.
CRC scheme – it’s not over yet
It’s tempting to breathe a sigh of relief now that the CRC scheme is ending. It means you can focus on compliance with other, newer schemes such as ESOS (the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme).
However, those still in the CRC scheme need to remain vigilant because the Environment Agency (EA) won’t ease off on compliance and auditing. There will still be a need to maintain an evidence pack for the requisite number of years (minimum eight, possibly up to 12 years). The EA will continue carrying out audits after the end of the scheme.
Reducing costs and risk
Utilitywise offers a comprehensive service which ensures full CRC compliance while saving you time and money. In fact 100% of our clients comply on time.
“The Utilitywise Carbon Management team has been key in ensuring our compliance with the Government CRC scheme. They remove the considerable administrative burden involved, collate our data and provide full audit trails for reporting. Having experts on board to interpret the legislation for us and advise on how the changes affect our business has been essential. I feel the dedicated Utilitywise team go above and beyond to help our company and I would encourage others to utilise this key service.”
A G Thames Holdings Limited
By working with us you can focus on your business and avoid reassigning in-house resources. Alternatively, we can work alongside your team depending on your in-house capabilities. We can manage the CRC scheme rules, data, allowance purchasing, reporting, and audits.
Our fully managed CRC compliance service includes, but is not limited to:
- Scheme rule updates and administration
- Data management
- Full audit support
- Emissions purchase and trading advice
- Allowance ordering and surrender
- EA/SEPA/DOENI Audit support
- Quarterly performance reporting
- Internal audit in preparation for an EA external audit
Why choose Utilitywise?
3 reasons to let us help you with CRC compliance:
- We offer the most cost-effective route to compliance through actively managing your electricity/gas consumption and targeting inefficiencies and target reductions.
- We’ll provide you with detailed reports and knowledgeable customer service.
- You will also have the opportunity to drive down your carbon emissions and costs further, using our wide range of services. For example, a Climate Change Agreement (CCA) could give you a substantial Climate Change Levy (CCL) discount. The energy included in a CCA agreement can be excluded from your CRC submission. We can also deliver energy efficiency projects to help you cut further cut down your CRC compliance costs and energy bills.
You can find out more about our CRC compliance service here at our website. Alternatively, why not talk to us today? We can outline how our services will help you comply with the CRC more cost-effectively and with substantially reduced risk. Call us on 01527 511 757 or email email@example.com.