BREEAM is the Building Research Establishment’s (BRE) Environmental Assessment Method first launched in the UK in 1990. It sets best practice standards for the environmental performance of buildings through design, specification, construction and operation.
It is a clear way to show your commitment to the protection of the environment and we can help you achieve it.
BREEAM is a standard which assures that the required standard of best practice is adopted for the building. It is a score against nine criteria:
• Land use and ecology.
• Health and well-being.
Each of the criteria is scored and then multiplied by a weighting. There are minimum thresholds that must be achieved, and additions can be made for specific innovations. The resulting overall score is translated into the BREEAM rating. BREEAM ratings include; unclassified, pass, good, very good, excellent and outstanding.
BREEAM initial focus is on newly constructed buildings, but the standard developed further to include BREEAM In-Use which is focused on improving energy efficiency and sustainability of already existing buildings. The BREEAM In-Use scheme could help the client with the management and performance of the building once it is completed. The BREEAM In-Use is available online and is reviewed annually to account for any improvements made on a single asset or a portfolio of assets. It benefits investors, owners, landlords, facilities managers and occupiers by:
• reducing operational costs and increasing efficiency
• enhancing asset value and increasing market demand
• helping to attract tenants and occupiers
• improving the wellbeing, productivity and satisfaction of people working in the building
• helping bridge the ‘performance gap’ between modelled outputs and operational outputs
• providing independent third party certification of a building’s sustainability
• contributing to corporate social responsibility, business reporting and sustainable business leadership.
Whilst BREEAM dominates the UK market, alternative methods of environmental assessment include; Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) in the USA, Greenstar in Australia, HQE in France and CASBEE in Japan.
Building Energy Management Systems (BeMS) unit connects to key energy intensive equipment such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) and air handling units (AHU), lighting circuits and door/air curtains:
· Control & monitor your commercial buildings HVAC, lights AHUs, compressors, refrigeration and many other electrical systems.
· Import large amounts of data, while managing addresses and business hours.
· Link to large scale existing BeMS for remote control strategy changes.
· Access, view and amend strategies online.
· Set triggers and alarms to alert you of irregular consumption patterns.
What Utilitywise can do:
· Energy costs are increasing; we can help you control your consumption to lower costs.
· Improve your business credentials by reducing your carbon footprint.
· We can eliminate energy inefficiency by saving on out of hours usage (lighting, air-con etc).
· We offer revolutionary and patented energy management technology to improve building energy performance.
· You can view and manage your equipment 24/7, even when you’re off site.
· We’ll give you the tools to cut your demand during peak times when costs are higher.
· We can improve your maintenance schedule so that you’re alerted when things need fixing.