Public sector organisations must procure energy through an OJEU (Official Journal of the European Union) compliant process. Organisations such as Local Authorities, NHS Trusts, MOD, Central Government Departments and Educational Establishments are all covered by this legislation. In fact, the public sector market consumes 19.4TWh of electricity spread over 8,000 electricity supply contracts.
A flexible energy contract allows organisations to take advantage of an ever-changing market where fixed price contracts are too restrictive. Utilitywise has vast experience in procuring OJEU-compliant contracts, adhering to all regulations involved.
How Utilitywise can help
Our Public Sector Portfolio is an innovative fully risk-managed, flexible purchasing solution tailored to the unique requirements of Public Sector bodies. The service offers full compliance with the OJEU tendering process, as we have an existing framework in place with a contracting authority client. It’s ideal for universities, colleges, NHS Trusts or housing associations looking for an alternative to fixed contracts or for those who find their current flexible contracts too restrictive.
Utilitywise has already assembled a group of sizeable energy users from the public sector to qualify for a fully-flexible energy contract. Our innovative solution benefits from group buying power, best-practice Risk Management and an excellent track record.
For our clients, between July 2014 and July 2015:
- We saved £18.3m below budget on electricity – 8% below starting point
- We traded £5.7m below budget on gas – 7% below starting point
- Our electricity portfolio clients are collectively over £13m below budget and our gas portfolios are 17% below budget*
The Utilitywise Public Sector Portfolio offers choice and flexibility, even once the contract has started. Our service delivers consistent results irrespective of your risk appetite or prevailing market conditions.
You will also have the support of a dedicated Account Director. They are highly trained in resolving queries and liaising with energy suppliers. A specialist in our Portfolio service, your Account Director will ensure it meets your individual requirements; your strategy is bespoke so you can buy and sell up to the point of delivery or secure your costs with a fixed contract.
Why choose Utilitywise?
- You don’t have to stick with the same public sector consortium; we have a framework in place and an expert team
- Our solution has been specifically designed to cater to public sector bodies and their needs
- All your sites can join; the Utilitywise Public Sector Portfolio is available for half hourly (HH) and non-half hourly (NHH) electricity and gas sites
- There’s no hassle – you can join at any time, even if you only have NHH sites
- We’ll give you peace of mind by giving you an up-front budget figure
- Your contract is fully-flexible; you have a choice of different strategies and the control to switch between them
- You’ll receive a dedicated service delivery team who will keep you informed with regular updates on performance and will handle supplier queries
- AMR meters are installed free of charge where required
- We’re experts in all things energy and water and can create a Strategic Utility Management Plan to help you better procure, monitor, manage and reduce your overall consumption.
If you join the Utilitywise Public Sector Portfolio you’ll be in good company – we already work with many organisations like yours. To find out how you can benefit call 01527 511 757 or get in touch with us.
* Correct as of July 2015